- I hold an honorary appointment in the School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics at Monash University in Melbourne.
- I am currently External Examiner for Comparative Literature at the University of St. Andrews.
- I have previously taught as a guest lecturer at the Europa Universität Viadrina (Frankfurt an der Oder), the University of Stuttgart, Utrecht University and the University of Antwerp.
Recent and Current PhD Supervisions
- The Concept of Metaphor in European Philosophy after Nietzsche (PhD in Comparative Literature, awarded August 2018)
- Work on Myth in Ovid (PhD in Comparative Literature, co-supervised with Katie Fleming)
Recent and Current Undergraduate Teaching:
- Morphology of British Culture (for Erasmus students);
- Myth and Modernity (first year Comp Lit);
- European Literature and its Contexts (first year Comp Lit);
- Foundations of German Studies (first year German);
- Literature and Philosophy (second year Comp Lit);
- Colonial Literatures, Post-Colonial Perspectives (second year Comp Lit);
- German Thought I: Marx, Nietzsche, Freud (second year German and Comp Lit);
- German Thought II: Political Thought in the 20th Century (final year German and Comp Lit);
- The Scene of Writing (final year Comp Lit);
- German III (final year, advanced German language, including translation);
- Comparative Literature and Modern Languages Research Project (final year Comp Lit).
Recent and Current Postgraduate Teaching:
- Cultures of Comparison (MA Comp Lit);
- Walter Benjamin on Memory (IGRS MA in Cultural Memory);
- Theory and Practice of Anglo-German Cultural Relations (MA Anglo-German Cultural Relations);
- Anglo-German Travel Writing (MA Anglo-German Cultural Relations);
- In Pursuit of Prejudice (MA Anglo-German Cultural Relations);
- Anglo-German Aesthetics in the Long C18th (MA Anglo-German Cultural Relations).